The Kenya Land Alliance (KLA) is an umbrella network of Civil Society Organizations and Individuals committed to effective advocacy for the reforms of policies and laws governing land, environment and natural resources in Kenya. KLA was founded in 1999 as a membership not-for-profit and non-partisan network and got registered in November 2000 by the government of Kenya as a Trust. The activities of the network are coordinated by a secretariat that is headed by the National Coordinator, who reports to the Board of Trustees and the Annual General Meeting of members. Members comprise of local and international NGOs, Community Based Organizations and Individuals
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE
THE AUDITOR’S RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Conducting independent financial audit of the books of accounts of KLA in line with International Standards on Auditing and International Financial Reporting Standards.
2. Expressing an opinion on whether the financial statements are prepared, in all material respects, in accordance with the applicable financial reporting standards and frameworks, whether KLA has maintained proper books of accounts, and whether the accompanying financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position.
3. Reviewing and evaluating the KLA internal control and risk management system and advising Management and the KLA Board on adequacy / effectiveness of the system, and proposals for its improvement.
4. Preparation of a comprehensive management letter including the auditor’s findings and recommendations relative to the internal accounting and administrative controls, compliance with laws and regulations as applicable, and adherence to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
5. Providing any other value-addition services consistent with the audit of KLA
Firms meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their proposals as follows:
1) Proof of registration with ICPAK and Partner Practicing Certificates;
2) Confirmation that neither the firm, nor any of its partners or key staff, have faced any disciplinary action by ICPAK or other professional bodies;
3) Confirmation that the firm and / or its partners and key staff are not aware of any conflict of interest which may exist with respect to company.
Please provide estimate of fees for the services to be provided.
Proposals should be submitted on or before date 3rd February, 2023 to the following email address: email@example.com